Windows 11 comes with many new features as compared to earlier versions of Windows, so check Windows 11 version installed on your system. The latest operating system from Microsoft is said to be the best Windows version launched until now. There are many good things about Windows 11 like the visual effects, easy-to-find apps/services, customized start menu, and many more. Though the Windows 11 is pretty good in terms of usability, sometimes it might create issues. Microsoft has paid attention to the visual effects on Windows 11 so devices with low configuration might lag a little. If you want to increase your Windows 11 performance, then you can try disabling visual effects.
This post is all about how to increase Windows 11 performance by disabling its visual effects. There are multiple apps and tools available out there that claim to increase your device’s performance automatically but instead of using them, you must make changes to your system manually. There are many customization options available in Windows 11, so you can play with them to increase its performance. We have tried multiple methods to do that and then created this post by listing the best working ways. You can follow every method mentioned here and experience Windows 11 like never before.
How To Disable Visual Effects On Windows 11 To Increase Performance
Method #1. Use The Default Settings App
Windows 10 and Windows 11 has got a Settings app that can be used to change almost all types of Windows settings, options, and features. The very first thing you can do to disable visual effects on Windows 11 is by using the Settings app to disable animation effects. Here’s how you can do it:
- Click on the Start button and tap on the Settings option.
- You can also search for Settings App in the search menu.
- Now, click on the Accessibility option from the left pane.
- In the right pane, click on the Visual Effects option.
- Find and Disable the Animation Effects option.
NOTE: When you will toggle off or on the animation effects option your screen might blink or go black for a few seconds. This is because the animation and visual effects are getting turned off in the background. Wait for at least 15 seconds after disabling and then restart your device to feel the changes.
- Also Read About: How To Increase Torrent Download Speed
Method #2. Change Visual Settings From Control Panel
Control Panel is the most useful thing in Windows operating system. This particular app gives you full control over your device and system. Even though the Windows 11 Settings app is very powerful, Microsoft has kept the Control Panel too because of its easy-to-use interface and options. Here’s how you can use the Control Panel to boost Windows 11 performance:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the RUN box.
- Type “Control Panel” (without quotes) and press Enter.
- The Control Panel window will appear on your screen.
- Now, click on Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center.
- From the list of settings, click on Make The Computer Easier To Use.
- Scroll down and Tick Mark the option that says Turn Off All Unnecessary Animations (When Possible).
- Click on Apply and then on OK to save changes.
- Restart your device and start enjoying faster Windows 11.
Also Read About: Fix Bluetooth Icon Missing From Action Center
Method #3. Use The Performance Options Tool
Very few Windows users know or have used this tool on Windows. Each Windows version comes with this feature but users don’t know how to access it or how to use it for changing Windows features and options. If you know what you are doing, then you can take advantage of this tool to change animation and visual effects settings:
- Click on the Start Button and type “Adjust Appearance” (without quotes).
- Tap on the first search result to open the Performance Options dialog box.
- Among the 4 options displayed, select the Custom option to enable/disable every option manually.
- Uncheck these 3 options from the list:
Animation Controls and Elements Inside Windows Animate Windows When Minimizing and Maximizing Animation In The Taskbar
- Finally, click on Apply and then on OK to save changes.
NOTE: If you think you want to revert back the changes, then you can either tick mark these options again or change your selection from Custom to Let Windows Choose What’s Best For My Computer. Click on Apply and then on OK to save changes.
- Also Read About: Windows 11 100% Disk Usage Fix
So, these were some of the best ways to increase Windows 11 performance and we hope you are able to do that too. You can also use third-party tools like system optimizer to let them change these settings automatically. Soon, we are going to post about some of these tools on this blog, so keep visiting this page to know.
You can always revert back the changes anytime to get back to default Windows 11 settings. Keep visiting Inframatics for more tutorials like this. If you are facing any issues in following any method mentioned on this page, or you have questions related to Windows 11 performance enhancer, then you can ask us about it via the comments below.